MGB windscreen wipers...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB windscreen wipers...
From: wise@db.erau.edu (John A. Wise)
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 15:07:29 -0800
I recently stripped the exterior of my 77 B in preparation for getting it
painted.  I noticed that two of the nuts that hold the chrome bezel around
the windscreen wiper drive shafts (wheel boxes) were beat up so  I ordered
new ones.

But whan I went to replace the nuts, I noticed that the threads were shot!
Moss, Vic Brit, etc. want $40+ each for the wheelboxes.

Has anyone solved this problem, e.g., can one put some new theads on the
wheel box shaft and if so, where would one get a nut for it?  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CHFP                       Tel: (+1) (904) 226-6384
Center for Aviation/Aerospace Research          Fax: (+1) (904) 226-7050
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University            E-mail: wise@db.erau.edu
600 South Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900      USA