B rear springs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: B rear springs
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 11:41:19 +0000
Folks,
A new subject here for discussion. I've put the later 6-leaf rear
springs(76-on) on my 64 B as was recommended but I'm experiencing some
problems. I want to know if others who have done this are experiencing
same.
First, those Moss rubber bushings squeak like crazy. Each shift down
the road goes 1st-errp, 2nd-errp, 3rd-errp, 4th-errp, 5th errp(just
seeing who's paying attention). I plan to replace with the Nylotron
one's from Moss.
 Also, is the later spring longer than the early spring? I am getting
a wear mark on the frame behind the shackle plates indicating
something hitting.
I was told the later springs gave a bit firmer ride which I was after.

Thanks in advance,
Dave (64 B-ing to Indy)