Re: B rear springs

To: MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Re: B rear springs
From: brooked@bre.co.uk
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 09:18:12 EDT
Dave,

You've obviously had some responces that didn't made the list digest!

If you've fitted rubber bumper (post 74) spec springs at the rear
they will touch the bottom of the frame, this because the springs are
longer - don't ask me why, but they are.

On a rubber bumper car the hole through the frame isn't, its actually
a tube supported about 2 inches lower than on the chrome bumper car.

If you want a firmer ride try chrome bumper GT springs, roadster
springs are supposed to be 93 lb/in rate and the GT springs are 110
lb/in. Having said that, competition rears are usually the same for
roadster and GT but I don't know the rates.

Hope this helps not hinders,

Regards,

Dave
brooked@bre.co.uk