Re: Crankshaft Balancing (again)

To: mgs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Crankshaft Balancing (again)
From: jsnyder@snicc.dseg.ti.com (James A. Snyder)
Date: Fri, 31 May 96 08:22:33 CDT
Bert

First, thanks for the excellent post regarding engine balancing. (both this one
and the original). However, your first post left me with a question. You mention
that an owner could balance their connecting rods themselves. I assume that the
important issue is that the rods all be the same weight. How close to equal do
they need to be? What would be an acceptable difference between heaviest and
lightest?

Thanks

Jim Snyder

> Friday 24th, Philippe Tusler wrote, in response to my earlier mail:
>
> >You mention the dismal balancing of clutch assemblies and recommend
> >balancing them with the rest.  However, the clutch assembly does require
> >changing ever so often.