Re: Overdrive for MGB

To: MGBCHRIS@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Overdrive for MGB
From: bhutch@sprynet.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 1996 05:49:19 -0700
Chris,

Two years ago I replaced the transmission in my 74B with an od/transmission. I
can assure you that you will be more than pleased! Although I did not do the
work myself, it is apparently not a big deal. The main thing is to make sure
that you can find one that works correctly. The first one I had put in had not
been tested by the installer and would not engage. The problem turned out to be
worn components instead of the usual electrical or fluid problems. Buyer beware!

Once installed you can pass a lot of cars on the Interstate at 3500 rpm!

Good Luck,

Burt Hutcherson

1974B (completely disguised to look like a 1973)