Re: Hey la, hey la, bad news & good news

To: dlittrel@northernnet.com
Subject: Re: Hey la, hey la, bad news & good news
From: BarneyMG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 01:43:45 -0400
Dennis,

>....hoping to get some idea as to what could be done for a bent bootlid.

The bad news:
1.)  Your bent boot lid is a common problem.

2.)  The right body man can fix anything on any car body.

3.)  If you find him, the repair cost will probably exceed the cost of a new
boot lid.

4.)  You probably can't find him anyway.

5.)  I recommend a new or good used replacement part.

6.)  Sorry for the dismal news report.  You may now shoot the messenger.

7.)  When you do get it fixed, there's the very real possibility of it
happening again.  I've seen people shell out $$$$ to fix it, then mash it
again themselves shortly thereafter in a moment of absent-mindedness.  More
often the culprit is a good friend trying to lend you a helping hand, bearing
very hard on the friendship thing.

The good news:
1.)  There is a gadget available to prevent this problem.  It's a gas strut,
very common on hatchback doors, usually selling for $40 to $50.

2.)  There is a model of this device specifically designed for your MGB boot
lid.  It bolts right up in place of the original prop.

3.)  I just happened to have one, new in the original package.

4.)  I won it as a door prize, and I don't personally have any use for it.

5.)  It has been looking for a good home for about a year now.

6.)  Drop any reasonable offer into my private box and it's yours.

Disclaimer:
     This is NOT an open offer to the net.  Please, no requests from anyone
other than Dennis Littrell.  If it turns out that he doesn't want it, I'll
put it back on the line again later.

Barney Gaylord -- 1958 MGA
Naperville, Illinois