Re: Never been there, never done that...

To: TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.MV.UNISYS.COM
Subject: Re: Never been there, never done that...
From: Barry Berg <barry.berg@nwa.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 1996 14:02:49 -0700
TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.MV.UNISYS.COM wrote:
... [clip] ...
> So what is a 'gymkhana,' a
> 'Funkhana,' a 'rally,' and 'auto-cross?'  Can the relatively ignorant
> participate in this?

These are relatively the same thing.  Sports Car Club of America (SCCA)
calls these events Solo Events.

check out the SCCA pages at http://www.emi.com/~rwelty/scca/toc.html
look up solo and rally.  I wrote the rally pages, and was the Solo
Events chariman for my region during its first years.  Currently I
am active in PRO-Rally, and National Levl Road Rallies.  After checking
out the pages if you have any questions feel free to e-mail me.

One more thought.  These events at the local club level tend to
be very low key and alot of fun.  Seek them out, they were developed
because the LBC (and other of its ilk) were fun to drive, and these
events allowed you to have fun with them doing what they do best
driving them.  Rallys are low key enough that you can take your
kids with you (in a +4) and y'all can have a good time.

TTFN,
==barry
--
When your car is in the air, the accelerator doesn't work!
The brakes don't work!  The steering doesn't work!...Nothing works!!!