Re: Bead Blasting

To: Gregg Baker <gbaker@anc.ak.net>
Subject: Re: Bead Blasting
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 15:24:30 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 2 Jun 1996, Gregg Baker wrote:

>    Should I not bead blast my trunk, hood and doors on a 57 MGA for fear of
> stretching
> the metal?  Has anyone used POR paint stripper (solvent)?
>                                                           Thanks,
>                                                       Gregg Baker
> biff  anc19672@anc.ak.net
> "If you take it serious.....You'll go crazy"

There is a fellow here in town who has an A with a very odd looking hood
(bonnet).  It has subtle curves that can be seen in the right light,
which resulted from sandblasting the aluminum.  I most definitely would
not do it, and I would be extremely cautious about having any of the
sheet metal sandblasted or beadblasted by a commercial outfit.  If they
use too much pressure, they can distort steel.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910