Re: anyone have impossible to remove grease cups inside

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: anyone have impossible to remove grease cups inside
From: Dennis & Stephanie Littrell <dlittrel@northernnet.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 20:55:37 -0500 (CDT)
At 09:22 AM 6/7/96 -0500, Benjy wrote:

>>     I was planning on renewing the lower A-arm bushings today, but I didn't
>>get as far as getting the hubs off.  The grease retaining cups immediately
>>inside the front hubs of my 1968 MGB are stuck.  I have tried amazing amounts

This really doesn't help with your stuck hub problem, but since I've been
contemplating new A-arm bushings myself, I'm wondering: do you have to
remove the hubs to remove the A-arms?  Seems like you shouldn't. With the
car on jackstands and a spring compressor in place couldn't you just unbolt
the sway bar link, the lower fulcrum nuts, and the lower kingpin nuts, and
have your A-arm/spring pan assembly  off the car?  But then, I've been wrong
before.

Dennis
'73 B Roadster "Shirley Valentine"