Re: ECURIE

To: "Unger, Larry @ MAN" <UNGERL@Reston.UnisysGSG.COM>
Subject: Re: ECURIE
From: arm@unix.infoserve.net (Ross MacPherson)
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 19:29:33 -0700

>ECURIE ...  the word/term/acronym that is in the background
>on the Special Tunning and Saftey Fast Rosette decals ...
>what does it mean/stand for?

The term is the french word for stable (as in "a horsey house").  The
stickers you refer to are probably a blue diagonal cross on a white field,
the Cross of St. Andrew (the patron saint of Scotland) with the phrase
Ecurie Ecosse attached.  I may be wrong but I believe the term translates to
The Scottish Stable (Team Scotland). "Ecurie Ecosse" was a famous and
successful racing team which campaigned C and D type Jags in the fifities (
and probably a bunch of others).  I can find more history around here
somewhere if you're interested.

Cheers,
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net