Re: Anybody got the Uptime Ratio?

To: drded@ix.netcom.com, palte@rt.el.utwente.nl
Subject: Re: Anybody got the Uptime Ratio?
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 22:57:02 -0400
In a message dated 96-06-07 06:48:07 EDT, drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
writes:

>Anyone around who has info available on the MG uptime ratio?
>
>To be defined as ' the time that is spent driving a MG'
>divided by 'the time that is spent working on a MG' ?        ;-)
>
>Bert

Bert,

I have had my '73 MGB since 1987. I drive the car daily and have put over
60,000 miles on it. I believe the speedometer has been rolled over once.
Other than the initial engine/clutch overhaul and repaint, my uptime is in
the neighborhood of 107 months up, one month down. So I guess I would say
99%. The one month down is a collection of weekends on various maintenance
projects, most of which were preventative and planned. The largest project
was a second clutch in two weekends ago. The engine still tight and frisky.

My son's '76 Midget, which we restored a little over as year ago, hasn't been
as good. His experience is about 12 months up and two months down. He drives
it everyday and has put about 6,000 miles on it. So his would be about 83%. I
think his luck is changing as we have eliminated most of the problems at this
point other than kingpins which is on the agenda for next month. I dont think
his speedometer has rolled over, but I could be wrong.

R. Johnson - Dallas