Re: Lights out!!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lights out!!
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 02:26:27 +0600
Philippe Tusler wrote:
>The old Lucas bulbs had lasted from 1966 to 1980, and were still good
>when I swapped them out...  I've changed the halogens at least twice each
>since I put them in...

That's something I've noticed too.  In eleven years of owning the B,
I've yet to have a headlight go out on me.  In the same span of time,
I've changed each of four headlights on the Crown Vic at least twice.
Even more amazing when you add the X years that the B lights were in
service before I got the car.

Maybe those Lucas chaps weren't the clods we make them out to be.
--
Jay Tilton  |  jtilton@vt.edu