RE: Ignition Light

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>, rogersj <rogersj@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: RE: Ignition Light
From: "Henrich, Dave" <dhenrich@MSDEV1.Waterloo.ATTGIS.COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 96 08:50:00 EDT
> Simon wrote:
>     It is important to note that if this bulb (or the wiring to/from it)
>     fails, your alternator will not work!

 This was a problem I can confirm on my 79B, as the alternator would not
function. I would charge up the battery, drive for a day or so then the
battery would die.

I had checked/cleaned every wire and connector, ALMOST replaced the
alternator and battery!

Then I checked the ignition warning light bulb, saw that it was, in fact
,burned out. I simply replaced it and all is well since.

Dave Henrich