Re: Ignition Light

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ignition Light
From: "John M. Rogers" <rogersj@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 1996 03:00:07 GMT
Thank-you to all that replied to my ignition light dilema, especially to
Larry Unger who wrote back a very nice treatise on how the "sparks" and
"smoke" really work with the dynamo and batteries inside the control box.  I
actually think that I understand it now.  As to my problem, it is no longer
a problem (at least not until the Lucas gremlin comes back this way).  I
guess you were right, when I removed the voltage, the cutout contact reset
itself.  It seems that I remember this happening once before a couple of
years ago.  Anybody else have this intermittent problem?  I pulled the cover
off of the control box, there was a little dust here and there but nothing
alarming.  Oh well, I'm not going to worry about it.  Just drivvvvve it,
that's what they were meant for.

John Rogers
'62 MGA 1600 MkII