Re:MG T Series Handling

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:MG T Series Handling
From: Robert J Donahue/DELCO <RJDONAHU@mail.delcoelect.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 15:15:17 +0000
>     How well do the MG T Series cars handle?  As far as LBC's go, I've
>     only driven MGB's.  Are MGT's reasonably quick in the turns?
>
>     Just curious, I'm definitely not* trying to start a flame war.
>

>                                Michael Lytton
>                                1970 MGB "Stinger"
>                                michael.lytton@sierra.com       (work)
>                                mlytton@teleport.com            (home)
>                                www.teleport.com/~mlytton/greasy.shtml

I'm impressed with my TD's handling, of course it has sloooow
acceleration and the top end is severly limited by the high
gear ratio of the rear end. It is definitely not a car for
someone who likes to drive fast. The T series is more for the
antique buff who appriciates the quaint styling that goes all
the way back to the late 20's.

The TD and TF have independent front suspention and rack and
pinion steering. I see in one catalog, you can even get anti-
sway bars. Modern radial ply tire can be put on, and they make
a big difference.

Well thats my opinion, I suppose there are others who will say
they race their T's.

Bob Donahue, still stuck in the '50s
53 MG-TD
71 MGB