RE: MG T Series Handling

To: Michael.Lytton@sierra.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MG T Series Handling
From: "Blair Engle" <engle@mailer.martech.fsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 16:12:11 -0500 (EST)
> How well do the MG T Series cars handle?  As far as LBC's go, I've
> only driven MGB's.  Are MGT's reasonably quick in the turns?
>
> Just curious, I'm definitely not* trying to start a flame war.
>
> Michael Lytton
> 1970 MGB "Stinger"
> michael.lytton@sierra.com       (work)
> mlytton@teleport.com            (home)
> www.teleport.com/~mlytton/greasy.shtml

How do MG Ts handle? Well that depends on what you want to compare it with.
I Vintage Raced my daily driver TD for 10 years, and it would stay with many
of the As and Bs if they were not too hot. I finished ahead of several B
powered Elvas at Road Atlanta in 1990, and they are low and light.
A TD has a much higher center of gravity than almost anything else out there.
I used "Urethane" front and rear bushings, B-GT front springs and a 7/8"
front sway bar.  It loved fast curves.

Press on regardless,

Blair
1950 @ 1953 TDs