Re: shipping a body shell

To: mgs@autox.team.net, culgandm@ggdns.gg.dupont.com
Subject: Re: shipping a body shell
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrco.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 08:52:54 -0400

> I have been trying to come up with an economical way to ship an MG body
> shell... This shell would
> probably be very light, maybe less than 1000 lbs.
>
> Tried several car transportation companies, but the lowest quote so far
> has been $975. ... I was really hoping to be able to do this for less than
> $500, but I've been told by a local LBC car business guy that it cant
> be done for less than a $1000. Anybody have any ideas, places to try?

My Brother-In-Law shipped a Jeep Wagoneer from San Fran to Connecticut
for $875..

Have you tried any freight or moving van companies. When I was a kid we
moved around. Twice they put the car right in with our stuff.

> I've thought a one-way plane ticket,

Sometimes round trip tickets are cheaper than one way if you purchase a
couple of week in advance and make the return ticket (which you throw
away) after the next Saturday night. Check with a travel agent.

> then renting something to tow it
> back, but anyone I called wanted to rent me a large truck and tow dolly
> at over $1000, nobody seems to rent pickup trucks.

I think the local U-Haul place has pick-ups.

- -Mark   - -o&o