Value of Midget MkI?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Value of Midget MkI?
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 11:08:11 -0400 (EDT)
Saw an MG Midget Mk I for sale this a.m.  Red with wire wheels.  It seems
to be fairly well maintained, but it does seem to have a fair amount of
rust that once was patched and is not re-emerging.  It clearly needs new
outer rockers, and likely new inners as well.  The rear fenders below the
chrome strip are clearly at least half bondo and must be replaced, and the
outside panel on the A post where they all rust is rusty.

I really want someone else to buy this car and fix it up.  It's cute and
it seems to have been used but not abused.  I spoke to someone who knows
the owner; he says the owner has had it for many years, and is not sure
what it is worth.  He's asking what I consider to be a very unrealistic
price--$3200.

What should this car sell for?

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910