Re: Are Moss Upholstry Kits Good?

To: Robert J Donahue/DELCO <RJDONAHU@mail.delcoelect.com>,
Subject: Re: Are Moss Upholstry Kits Good?
From: etaylor@nr.infi.net (Ed Taylor)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 17:06:06 -0400 (EDT)
At 08:51 AM 6/17/96 +0000, Robert J Donahue/DELCO wrote:
>I see Moss Motors is having a sale on upholstry kits. I'm not at
>that stage yet on my TD restoration but don't want to miss the savings.
>Any comments on their quality?
>
>Bob Donahue (Still Stuck in the '50s)
>53 MG-TD
>71 MGB

Bob:
I just bought the Seat cover and panel sets.  The adhesive on several places
on the panel set had come loose - had to be re-glued, but no other problem.
Equivalent to Original Equipment.  The seat cover sets seem to be a little
tight - would have fit over the old cushions, but a tight stretch over new
foam!  Again, equivalent to original equipment. With a lot of work and
persuasion, I got a nice fit.  Did not purchase the carpet set from Moss,
so I can't speak to that.

Did have a friend that bought a like set from Vicky, including the carpets.
He purchased their premium grade of carpet, felt it was not OEM quality.

Regards,
Ed in Greensboro, NC