Daily Driver Questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Daily Driver Questions
From: wise@db.erau.edu (John A. Wise)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 07:56:32 -0800
  >So one of my questions is:
  >
  >        How long should a set of points last in a car????
  >
  >Also, any suggestions for making a car more reliable or any
  >PM's that can be performed so as to minimize the downtime that
  >a car would have.

IMHO - I have replaced the points on my current MGB and my previous Midget
with a Crane Cams electronic ignition (there are other brands as well -
that have been discussed here).  They made both cars so damn releiable that
I thought I had a Miata.  I know it detracts from originality - but it
really made them reliable.  And since both were driven regularly at night
by my kids - I always felt better about it.

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CHFP                       Tel: (+1) (904) 226-6384
Center for Aviation/Aerospace Research          Fax: (+1) (904) 226-7050
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University            E-mail: wise@db.erau.edu
600 South Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900      USA