RE: Free tire-purchasing advice

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Free tire-purchasing advice
From: "W. B. Olson" <WBOLSON@cherokee.astate.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 14:15:21 CST
> Date sent:      Wed, 19 Jun 96 13:58:38 CDT
> From:           jsnyder@snicc.dseg.ti.com (James A. Snyder)
> To:             mgs@autox.team.net
> Subject:        RE: Free tire-purchasing advice
> Send reply to:  jsnyder@snicc.dseg.ti.com (James A. Snyder)

> > I really hate to throw my $.02 worth in here, knowing the temperament of =
> > you (yes, you Denise!) autophiles, but
> >
> > While I am an attorney and not a tire man any longer, I did sell and =
> > manage a tire shop for 4 years, and represent both two large tire =
> > companies and a regional tire association.  Much of the misinformation =
> > that is floating about in regards to tires was (is) the result of =
> > someone's conceptions and not grounded in fact.
> >
> > Wire wheels can most certainly be balanced on a computerized tire =
> > balancing machine.  It is done all the time and done correctly.  While I =
> > am sure that there are a lot of tire shops that don't do it right, there =
> > are a lot of tire shops that don't balance anything correctly.
> >
> Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. Next thing, you'll try to tell us there really are good
> attorneys out there. :)
>

> Jim S.

I suspect that there are some good persons who are attorneys.  And
some persons who are good attorneys.  And even some good persons who
are good attorneys.  And vice versa, as in most professions and job
classifications.  OK, my $.02 worth.  Relax.  Or we'll have to call a
physician for you and you probably won't trust that person either.
Just remember - for every professional that graduated at the top of
the class and is currently in practice, someone graduated at the
bottom of the class and probably has you as a client.
Yadayadayada.

Bill Olson
Arkansas State University
72 Tourer, 67 Grand Tourer