RE: Free tire-purchasing advice

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Free tire-purchasing advice
From: Wes Grady <wesgrady@csbh.mhv.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 15:54:45 -0400
Arkansas, huh?

1973-74 I was assistant administrator of Arkansas Children's Hospital in =
Little Rock.  Hillary was on the Board of Directors.  I think she is =
great (who, me?  Start a political argument?  In the lbc forum?  =
Naaaahhh!).

Anyway, sure, wire wheels can be balanced on a computerized balance =
machine.  Procedure is real simple.  Every unit has an adapter that puts =
a cone on both the front and rear of the wheel.  This allows the wheel =
to spin free and as long as the wheel is true, you balance it like any =
other wheel/tire combination.  Now, here is the real secret.  If the =
wheel is out of true, rather than screwing around with it, balance it =
anyway and put it on the rear of the car where it will probably not be =
noticeable.  If it is really bad, it has to be trued by hand and most =
tire shops don't have the time to do this. =20

Well, I went and did it... I gave away a trade secret.... bet I get =
pounced on good for that one.