Windscreen washers - '73 BGT

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Windscreen washers - '73 BGT
From: Garry Hill/estec/ESAdev
Date: 21 Jun 96 16:53:25
Hi All,

It's been nice weather here in Holland recently so I haven't had reason to use
my screen wipers/washers so my screen has got a little dusty...so this morning
I switched on the wipers and pressed the washer plunger in the centre of the
dashboard. Now, I expected to see some water come before my eyes over the
screen but instead it squirted all over my feet !! Ho ho I hear you all laugh !
Anyway, after I had gone and put a dry pair of socks on I had a look behind the
dashboard and sure enough the washer pipe had parted from a sort of non-return
valve thingy and directed itself towards my feet. I tried and tried and tried
to fit the pipes back together but whatever I do it still leaks.

So...what I've decided to do is to rip out the whole contraption, install new
pipes and replace it with an electric motor and a press-switch where the
plunger is. Have any of you had this sort of problem and resolved it in a
similar way ? Can anyone give me some tips on how to go about this ? Do you
think my solution to be a good one or will it simply mean that by installing an
electric washer I'll simply get a greater quantity of water over my feet ?

Any suggestions welcome,

Regards,

Garry Hill