Re: hp and torque maximums/now rear leaf springs

To: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: hp and torque maximums/now rear leaf springs
From: Ceicia@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 1996 22:19:26 -0400
A word to the wise regarding rear leaf springs.

Stan, at British Racing Green, pointed out that if the gap between the front
of the wheel opening and the tire is greater on one side than the other, its
an indication that the main leaf is broken.  This is because the main leaf is
the only leaf connecting the spring eyes and serves to locate the axle.
 Since I had just rebushed the rear suspension a few weeks ago, I probably
would not have noticed the problem until it had gotten very serious, like
when the tire tried to crawl under the back of the wheel well at 60 MPH.
 (For you second guessers out there, no, I don't think the spring was broken
when I had the rear susp. apart.)  Anyway, a word for the wise.  And thanks
again Stan.