Re: headlight buzzer

To: mgs@autox.team.net, pharris@eos.vf.mmc.com
Subject: Re: headlight buzzer
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrco.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 14:20:15 -0400
>...Anyway, my Dodge yells at me when I forget to turn the lights off
> and I've come to rely on this. I was thinking of installing something to yell
> at me in the Midget. Anyone done this before? I thought of pulling a wire off
> the RG wire on the lighting switch--->12V buzzer--->PW wire to door switch.
> This seems like it may do bad things to the console lamp and its purple wire
> brethren when the switch is open and lights are on though.

I've done similar on my '85 Chevy K20 P/U. Except that I wired
DashLamps-->12V_Buzzer-->Ignition. The way it works is: when the lights
are on and the ignition is on both sides of the buzzer have 12V _or_ 0V
across the buzzer and no sound. When you shut off the ignition and the
lights are on the miniscule current goes through the ignition circuit
to ground and the buzzer sounds. It works great and saved me more than once.

FWIW last week my 19 month old daughter was playing in the car and
found a spent .22 cal shell on the floor so she stuck it in the
cigarette lighter. This promptly blew the fuse which also happens to
power my reminder bells, Radio Back-up, Seat belt warning..... Well I
fixed it the next day but, in the meantime, I went to the store to buy
the fuse I left the lights on. I guess I have come to rely on the
buzzers too.

> Also, is there anyone who downloaded John Twist's tips that could email them
> to me? We don`t have FTP access here.

Me too, or is it worth it for someone, who can, to volunteer to grab it
break it down to smaller files and bomb the list?