Re: Wrinkle paint....

To: arm@unix.infoserve.net
Subject: Re: Wrinkle paint....
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 15:00:17 -0400
Ross,
  I can't tell you what the best brand of wrinkle paint is (I just use one of
the major brands that's handy at whatever parts store I happened to be at the
time), but the big secret to a good finish is 1. Good preperation. (enough
said about that)
2. Heat. I've found that wrinkle paint works best on a warm day. And to speed
up the process, I've made a funky little bracket to hold a pair of heat lamps
 to concentrate the heat onto the item being painted. Hint. PRACTICE on
 scrap using different levels of drying heat to determine the exact effect
you want. More heat (longer application and/or closer proximity to the heat
source) produces a more pronounced wrinkle. Conversly, lower levels of heat
gives a finer wrinkle surface.

Hope this helps.

Rick
(Scotch and still love it)