Re: MG loyalty

To: mgs@autox.team.net, tallen@csc.sctboces.org
Subject: Re: MG loyalty
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 00:34:28, -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

(tallen@csc.sctboces.org)

> Subject: MG loyalty
  For a long time I've wanted an MGA (since childhood?),
............................  Should I go to the DMV and find every
registered MGA and then watch the obits like they  do for housing in
NYC?
> Thanks for listening,
>
> Tom
Tom,  I felt the same way about Morgans as you do about the MGA. I was
looking for a ground up restoration and  searched the Classified daily
in hope  of finding a car I could afford.
Ended up joining the local Morgan group, taking the membership list and
calling everyone of them asking if they wanted to sell.  The last one
on the list panned out  (after I bugged him for six months to please
sell me his car) and I got my Morgan at a price I could afford.
Join a club, then seek out the members who never show up at events.
What your looking for is someone who is tired of his toy and too lazy
to try to sell the car. You walk in with money in hand and he'll sell
cheap.

Bob Nogueira
PS You make a good point, I can't think of the last time I saw a MGA in
fair shape, they always  seem to be fully restored .