Xflow Head

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Xflow Head
From: Michael.Lytton@sierra.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 96 17:53:58 PST
     Hello:

     Steve Darby contacted me after visiting my web page about his
     crossflow head for MGBs.  I thought this info may be of interest.  I
     have absolutely no knowledge or experience with this product, I'm just
     passing the info on.

                                Michael Lytton
                                mlytton@teleport.com
                                www.teleport.com/~mlytton/greasy.shtml

Author:  Steve Darby
Date:    6/25/96 10:37 PM

Here is some info on my newest project, a crossflow head. It will give the
1500cc-1800cc engine lots of power. Later I will try to adapt an Eaton
Supercharger to the head.

                          MGB Crossflow Heads
                No more cracks--MORE power--Bolt on ease.
    New design heads with 25%-40% more flow than the old HRG heads,
             with longer life from a  better water jacket.

BARE HEADS INCLUDE:

*Four intake ports on the spark-plug side of the head.
*Hardened valve seats(ready for your valves).
*Stepped valve guides(to prevent dropping due to overhearing)
*High temp aluminiun alloy.(356 heat treated alloy)
*All studs needed to assemble.
*All ports for stock thermostat & housing, heater valve. temp sending unit,
and  exhaust system.
*Will use stock valves(In-1.625" Ex 1.344"), springs and rocker assembly.
*Ports for air pump(for emission compliance in some states).

                   THESE HEADS HAVE BEEN DESIGNED BY SOME OF
                   THE BEST RACING HEAD DESIGNERS IN THE US.
                   THESE HEADS ARE NOT COPIES OR EVEN MODIFIED
                   VERSIONS OF THE HRG/DERRINGTON HEAD. IT IS A
                   TOTALLY REDESIGNED HEAD!!!!!!

MANIFOLDS AVALIBLE:

*Twin 40mm or 45mm DCOS's.
*Twin 1 1/2" or 1 3/4" SU's.
*Single smog legal(or not) DGEV.

All manifolds will be equiped with servo ports.

HEAD OPTIONS:

*larger valves(In 1.690" Ex 1.435").
*Roller rockers(1 to 1.65 ratio).
  (Possibly In 1.75" Ex 1.49" later if possible)

OTHER OPTIONS:

*Camshafts specially designed for the crossflow head.
*1950cc big bore engines.
*Lightened flywheels and competition engine parts.
*Mallory dual point or electronic distributors.
*Minilites/Panasport rims.
*Front and rear shock conversions.
*Headers and comp exhaust systems.
*comp. springs and antisway bars.

HEADS ARE AVALIBLE IN KIT FORM:

Kit 001-SU;
 Stock valves
  In-1.625"
  Ex-1.344'
 Stock retainers
 Stock springs
 Rebuilt rocker assembly
 Cam(your choise-mild or race)
 SU manlfold.

Kit 001-DC
 as above except with:
 DCOE manifold and linkage.

Kit 001-DG
 as abov except:
 DGEV manifold and linkage.

Kit 002-SU
 as above except with:
 Larger valves(1.690' in and 1.435" ex)
 SU manifold

Kit 002-DC
 as above except with:
 DCOE manifold

Kit 002-DG
 as above except with:
 DGEV manifold.

Roller rockers can be added to any kit for a reasonable price.

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: STEVE DARBY
                              SPORTS CARS INTERNATIONAL
                              6405 COCHITI SE
                              ALBUQUERQUE NM 87108
                              505-268-6898
                          FAX 505-232-3551
                       E-MAIL elan@indirect.com
                  Homepage at http://pinon.com/sportscar
All kits have valves and springs assyembled

Bare heads                     US$1150.00
Bare head for large valves     US$1250.00
Large valves (eight)            US$100.00
Roller rockers                  US$395.00
Cams                            US$120.00
Kit 01-SU                      US$1550.00
Kit 01-DC                      US$1550.00
Kit 01-DG                      US$1550.00
Kit 02-SU                      US$1700.00
Kit 02-DC                      US$1700.00
Kit 02-DG                      US$1700.00

Compitition valve springs add US$35.00

I am trying to keep prices down as low as possible to be affordable, yet
make enough to clear the tremendous costs I have acrewed making this head
and other related stuff.
Thanks!

Steve

Jobber and WD prices available also.

If you do not Have a car that uses these engines, PLEASE pass this on to
someone who does or to a club. Thanks!!!!