GT Roof Rippers

To: mgs%autox.team.net@aphub.aerojetpd.com
Subject: GT Roof Rippers
From: KILE_PAUL@aphub.aerojetpd.com (Paul D Kile)
Date: 27 Jun 96 13:23:38 PDT
With all this talk about converting GTs to roadsters, we should stop
and pay homage to the most famous GT Roof Ripper of all, Aston Martin
Lagonda!  In 1981, in a gallant effort to save MG, AML converted an
MGB-GT to a roadster, retaining the original GT windscreen with a
heavy surround.  The front rubber bumper was redesigned, allowing space
for the original chrome grille surround (now reduced to a mere slit).
The taillights were also redesigned, with the reflectors moved
inboard to the area beneath the trunk lid.  The car may have been