Re: MG Treats

To: Glenn Schnittke <glenns@edge.ercnet.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG Treats
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 01:37:10 +0600
Glenn Schnittke wrote:
>While we're on the subject, does anyone know if AM/FM *Cassettes* ever came
>stock? If so, I'd like to find one eventually. I much prefer Candide to
>Tacobell's Canon and the local staion likes the hits.

I believe any sound equipment installed in MG's (in the U.S. at least)
was done by the dealers.  Those 'BMC' or 'BL' radios are really just
Motorolas with custom faceplates.  The only thing the factory ever had to
do with radios was with the later cars, where they only went as far as to
mount antennas on them all.

So, to answer the question, radios were never 'stock,' but were a common
dealer-installed option.  Depending on the dealer, they probably did
come with cassettes sometime in there.

>"If you fake the funk, your nose will grow..." - George Clinton

Holy crow.  Psychoalphadiscobetabioaquadoloop from hell!
--
Jay Tilton  |  jtilton@vt.edu