Re: muffler chains

To: mgs@autox.team.net (mgs)
Subject: Re: muffler chains
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 10:33:58 -0500 (CDT)
pharris@eos.vf.mmc.com writes:

> [ ... ]  Midas or Minieke [ ... ]

Oh, you meant "chain stores that deal in inexpensive mufflers"!

I read the subject line and was expecting a technical query about the
little chains that run around the muffler bearings...

I've no experience with such stores, but the MGB (and presumably Midget)
exhaust is a frightfully simple affair (aside from the manifold/downpipe
connection on SU cars - there's still grease under my fingernails from
that one).  If you stand there and watch the monkeys bolt everything up,
I don't see how they could screw up too badly.

--

Todd Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer with el-cheapo pipe