Re: muffler chains

Subject: Re: muffler chains
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 07:42:58 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 27 Jun 1996 pharris@eos.vf.mmc.com wrote:

> Hi all. I'm looking for advice. Everything I've heard concerning Midas or
> Minieke (sp?) and our LBCs has been all bad. Is this due to general

It's the individual franchisee that matters.  Our local Meineke shop is
just fine for welding and so forth.  I bring them the parts, they do it.

When I first broke the exhaust, I took it to them with no parts in-hand.
The part around the resonator was bad and they had to cut it and replace
it... well, no resonators they had in stock were flat enough to go under
the car properly.  They told me this, and allowed me to shoot myself in
the foot by asking for a straight pipe instead.

This worked, and passed inspection here, but I wouldn't advise it (loud
and not very fast).  I replaced the whole schmear with an Ansa after a
few months, and was much happer.  They installed and welded it... with
the exception of metric nuts/bolts for the rearmost hanger (the only
#$@@$$ metric thing on the car at the moment) it has lasted well.

Oh, then I had them weld the headers in when I put them on.  The last
visit was the funniest as my car was too low to go on their first
available lift.  I had to wait 15 extra minutes because of that.  They
dealt with me, though, instead of giving up immediately like the gas
stations do.

John M. Trindle | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
"That's not a leak, its just a Gravity Fed Flow-Through Lubrication System
 - Greg Petrolati"