More Indy Stuff

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: More Indy Stuff
From: James Brucato <Gone4sure@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 04:36:05 GMT
Hello All;

        Would you all believe I'm the only one that brought a Laptop to INDY !
Am I hook to the list or What. Met alot of fellow lister's at the Online
meeting here today. 1 from as far as Austrailia, and a few from the states
too. Ran into Mike Leckstein. I'd say about 25-30 onliners showed up. Talk
of trying to set up a live chat of-sorts was brought up. Does anyone online
use POWWOW? I thought this might be a way to set this up, What do you all
think about it?
        Well the MG's all showed up today. More MG's than I ever had hoped
to ever see in one spot. Some even more worse than my little daily driver.
But my "64-B" still doesn't like to be around other mg's. Must be jealous of
all the other better off cars than itself. I was feeling so confident that I
could now cruise with worry-free fuel problems since I had installed my
spare fuel pump. NOT !!! On the way to the Conner Prairie Breakfast, It
happened AGAIN! My spare fuel pump died. It would only pump enough fuel with
no filters inline. But this did save me a tow, not like some other
unfortunate "B" owner just a little further down the road from my breakdown
sight. Would you belive, the underside of my B looks the same way out here
in INDY as it did in NJ. Me second time on my back with all kinds of MG's
stopping to ask if my "B" was OK, Like the sight of both the trunk lid and
bonnet up in the air was the sign of a Happy MG. I think I may know why this
is happening, The fuel tank in my 64 came from my 72. Do you think the 72 is
upset with me?(for leaving it Home in NJ). The old spare fuel pump got me to
a NAPA auto parts store. I bought two of those noisy Brass electric fuel
pumps seeing that my spare was not doing it's job.(my spare came from the 72
also) Has anyone ever used these for any length of time and what is the
opinion of putting two of them inline?
        Sorry about not being able to tell all that happened here so far,
But it was hard to see things from the underside of my lbc.
        Also the heat was awful here today. Not MG wheather, that is a
Jersey opinion. The Florida people I ran into said it was very pleasent
wheather to them :)
        Off to the Ropke Armor Museum tomorrow. Will my lbc be nice to me
tommorow? I hope so. Hate to make this a habit. On my back as all the
healthy MG's go past me on the side of the road.
       No laps for me at the speedway as I'm number 1203 of those who had
registered. Maybe 204 won't show!

All for now from INDY

Jim Brucato
1964 "B" getting me home from INDY????
      Any solers on my route back to NJ?
             736 miles to go
1972 "B" getting even for leaving it home