Re: rubber GTs

To: MGBCHRIS@aol.com
Subject: Re: rubber GTs
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 09:16:07 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 27 Jun 1996 MGBCHRIS@aol.com wrote:

> Not really.  The weight is directly proportional to how hard an engine must
> work.  A GT engine has to work harder due to higher weight.  Simple as that!

Wait a minute. Unless I am mistakes, a rolling road refers to a setup
where the driven wheels are contacting two rollers which have variable
resistance to the tires turning them. So the car is STATIONARY and the
weight of the car is immaterial unless the car is weighed first and the
weight entered into the rolling road computer so that it adjusts the
roller resistance to simulate the resistance due to the vehicle inertia when
accelerating.
Ulix

                    '67 Sprite             '66 Caddy