Re: Fwd: rubber GTs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: rubber GTs
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 01:14:53 +0600
At 04:56 PM 6/27/96 -0700, Ulix Goettsch wrote:
>On Thu, 27 Jun 1996 MGBCHRIS@aol.com wrote:
>> No, the reason was emissions.  The higher weight of the GT caused the engine
>> to work a little harder to acheive a given road speed.  Since the emissions
>> test was run by the EPA on a rolling road, it was unable to pass stricter
>> emissions.  From the "ILLUSTRATED HISTORY OF THE MGB".
>
>So the rolling road takes the vehicle weight into consideration?

That's what I was wondering.  Simply put, I don't know what a 'rolling
road' is.  Is it like an absorption dynamometer that can be calibrated to
simulate the effect of the car's mass on its acceleration?  Suppose it
would have to be something like that.

[unrelated note:  Hey!  The Musters is on Nick at Nite right now, and these
two dudes just showed up driving a TR4!  Cool!  Almost as cool as that
episode of Leave it to Beaver where Wally's friends picked him up in a
TR3, prompting June to say, "Ward, I don't want Wally riding around in
a RACING CAR!"]
--
Jay Tilton  |  jtilton@vt.edu