INDY 96, Raceway Day

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: INDY 96, Raceway Day
From: James Brucato <Gone4sure@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 1996 20:36:00 GMT
Hey Fellow lbc Owners

         Well the day came, and they let everyone who had a lbc drive on the
track, only the Plaques were unavailable to those of us who didn't make 1000
mark. Found out today there where approx 1300 cars that showed and 2000
people registered. Thanks to Rick Ingram and the NAMGBR (and all the others
I don't really know)  for doing a great job this week. Not to twist any
knives in the wounds (Dave & Corey) some of you may have due to things that
kept you from going to INDY but I find it hard not to express my joy at
being able to attend. This is the first meet of any kind my lbc has ever
been to in it's 33 years. And the first I have ever particapated in. Glad my
lbc let me come along too.
        Another Hot Day here in INDY, while in route I jioned all the MGA
owners and pushed my lbc to keep the engine from overheating. Sure was
strange to push a healthy "B" for a change. Alot who didn't were on the side
of the road wishing they had. The Race track was Great! And I Didn't have
any breakdowns while making my lap on the speedway :))  What a RUSH to be at
INDY and driving on the speedway! And My "B" was very happy  to be able to
play on the big playground of the Race Cars. I had left the track before the
results on judging the cars came up. Just to Darn Hot  to hang around. I'll
get enough heat on the ride home.
          Tonight is the dinner at the Zoo, Not sure of the menu but expect
to get monkey or maybe tiger meat :)   I'll make one more post while I'm
here at INDY after I get back from Dinner.

Till Later
Jim Brucato

1964 "B" Grill is smiling, Engine is Roaring
     ready for the ride home
1972 "B" Waiting for the return of it's parts
         that made the 64's trip possible