Glass float bowls?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Glass float bowls?
From: "Sean Johnson" <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 96 12:54:01 -24000
Two questions:

1) Since carb and fuel pump woes seem so common, I was wondering whether
anyone made clear float bowls for SU's?   I've seen some older vehicles with
the glass or lucite float bowls, and it seems a good way to do a quick visual
check of the fuel delivery, and check on how much crud you've collected in
the carbs.

2) I've got the Bentley manual for my MGB.  It occasionally references arcane
tools that were presumably only available to dealers.  Is there a source for
the special tools shown in these manuals?  Are they available at reasonable
prices?

Thanks in advance for answers,

Sean Johnson
'79 MGB