Re: DOT4 and DOT5

To: BDurgin1@aol.com
Subject: Re: DOT4 and DOT5
From: MGBCHRIS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 22:18:22 -0400
When I bought my B the DPO's had let the boots go until they were nothing but
rubber discs hanging on the tie rod ends - seriously!  I found that on my
rack ('77 B) that there is a small access cover on the housing directly above
where the steering column connects to the rack.  Removal of this cover
revealed some shims, and a rubber seal.  I added fluid at this point.  No
mention of how much fluid is required for the rack in any of my manuals, and
I ended up with about a pint in the rack assy.  Anyone out there in
cyberspace who knows what's correct may want to pass this on.

Regards,

MGBChris@aol.com