Re: Wire Wheel Balancing

To: mgs@autox.team.net, kboetzer@auspex.com (Ken Boetzer)
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel Balancing
From: Andy Ramm <aramm@cris.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 1996 17:12:14 -0700
Ken,

I've heard a few not-so-good things about these guys, and when I called
them, they tried to sell me 6" wide wires.  The uprated 5-1/2s barely fit as
it is.  They may be a good outlet, but I wonder how knowlegable about each
application they are.  Dave at British Motorsport concurred, mentioning a
customer of his bought wheels that didn't fit.  BTW, they said they don't
offer truing as a service, but would gladly rebuild my wheels for $115 a
piece.  I'll probably do the "on-the-car" truing for the time being.

Andy