re:NAMGBR and AMGBA\Rivalry\what's the problem?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: re:NAMGBR and AMGBA\Rivalry\what's the problem?
From: "MIKE_J2@SFOV1.VERIFONE.COM" <MIKE_J2@sfov1.verifone.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 17:45:30 PT
>I wrote an article "This will B the last MG, I promise" and submitted
>it to both. I will tell you I sent it to one first but when it did not
>appear after 2 issues I sent it to the other thinking the first was
>uninterested. Low and behold they both printed it and with in 3 weeks

Sounds like you need to get a copy of their Writer's Guidlines for
submission of articles.  There's a book you probably know of called
Writer's Digest (I think that's the name) that covers all sorts of
submission guidelines.

That, or include a letter stating that if you don't get an acceptance from
them within a specified length of time you will be submitting the article
to other prospects.  Of course, when they see the deadline they will
probably just deposit the article in the nearest bin unless they REALLY
need it.

Probably the best thing to do would be to only submit each article to one
source granting them exclusive 90 (or 180, or 360) day rights to the
article.

Of course, you probably know all this already and are just venting off some
steam.  I don't think it is really a rivalry between the clubs, probably
just concerns about copyright and license rights between their
publications.  And this brings us to the legal arena where I'll duck and
run seeings as how I've never been officially published.

mj.