Re: DREADED SMOG NOTICE

To: thorpe@kegs.saic.com, Ragthyme@aol.com
Subject: Re: DREADED SMOG NOTICE
From: kboetzer@auspex.com (Ken Boetzer)
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 13:58:04 -0700

> I suspect they'll be running up the swastika along with the bear flag ere
> long.

There are those that suspect it's already there. Just checkout some of the
propositions and various ballot measures.

> I've heard it said (and seen the phenomenon myself) that California tends to
> set trends for the States; what's new in CA this year will be new in the
> Carolinas in five or ten years.

It's not an issue of setting trends as much as it is exploring new territory. In
this case it's with respect to population density, and urban sprawl. When you
push the edge of the envelope you find new problems.

> If this is the sort of trend CA is going to be exporting, I think I'll return
> home.  For good.  Hopefully, one step ahead of the jackbooted enviro-thugs.

Leaving California is a good thing. Of course when all those prodigals return
home
they'll find a variation on the same theme because the same basic set of
problems
afflict us all if we desire similar lifestyles.

> Corey
> 75 MGB 'Rags'

Some of it's humorous, some not. What ends up being the most stricking are the
similarities, and the fine, often invisible lines that separate us.

Cheers,

Ken