Chrome Moulding

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Chrome Moulding
From: enburke@usa1.com (Edward N. Burke Jr. )
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 17:40:33 -0600
Last year I ordered new chrome mouldings from Moss Motors.  I noticed that
when I put them on they did not seat as well as the originals, especially
front mouldings, right above side markers.  Last week I had some body work
done and the chrome strips had to be taken off.  When they were reinstalled
the fit was worse than before.  I have ordered six stud plates (one on the
door was not put back on).  Shold the snaps be replaced also or is there a
way to get a good fit from the originals?  I hate the idea of having to
drill out the old ones and then put new ones in.
                                                             Newell Burke
                                                             Worcester, Mass.
                                                             73 BGT