Re: MG Fergusons

To: KILE_PAUL@aphub.aerojetpd.com
Subject: Re: MG Fergusons
From: BarneyMG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 19:55:35 -0400
Paul,

In a message dated 96-07-09 18:23:23 EDT, Paul D. Kile wrote:

>.... since the Ferguson tractor is an MG variant and has a 1500 MGA style
engine, you could register it with NAMGAR!  They welcome MGA variants (like
Magnettes and Elvas) with open arms.  There is even a late 1950s speedboat
with a marine spec MGA engine that is eligible for NAMGAR registry.

Sounds like a dandy idea, but I don't currently own one.  Just thought it
might be a hoot to enter one in a car show.

BTW, I've had much correspondence recently about oil flow paths in the
B-series engine, and some of the fixtures, gadgets and routings led me to
believe that there had to be marine applications and stationary engine
applications as well.  If you remove the pressure relief valve and the hex
head plug just above it, you have a nice place to fit a remote filter.  If
you also remove the filter, steel line and banjo bolt from the right side of
the engine and block the ports, oil passes directly from the cross drilling
at the rear into the longitudinal drilling that feeds the main bearings.
 Often in marine applications, stationary engines and agricultural engines,
the speed is limited by a governor to about 3000-3600 rpm, at which speed you
don't need a pressure relief valve.

Barney