Re: where can I find tires for an MGB?

To: dedwards@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: where can I find tires for an MGB?
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 08:05:44 -0400
Benjy,

Try NTW (which is owned by Sears).

I bought a set of four of their brand NTW 175SR14 (their internal part number
is 1698059) Sport GLX 60's at $40.99 in November. No clearance problems, very
"treadsy" looking. They look great on my chrome wires. $247.21 installed
(including Texas state tire tax) with road hazard insurance ($21.76, your
option). Went back and bought a fifth one for a spare a couple of months
later.

NTW also gave me a FREE alignment because they forgot to ask if I wanted one.
They had a sign that if they didn't ask if you'd wanted one it would be
free...the guy forgot and I took them up on it.

This is the third set of tires I have put on the car in ten years. The first
two sets were inexpensive P3 Parrelli's which they don't make anymore. Too
bad, I got over 40,000 miles out of each set.

Make sure you align the car. Toe is the only thing that can be adjusted on a
"B", so don't get their super duper alignment.

Also, if your running wires, bring some duct tape with you to cover the spoke
nipples in the wheel and watch those installers. They've probably never seen
a wire wheel before.

P. S. lived in Columbus for a year a long time ago.

R. Johnson - Dallas