Stainless brake hoses

To: brooked%bre.co.uk@aphub.aerojetpd.com
Subject: Stainless brake hoses
From: KILE_PAUL@aphub.aerojetpd.com (Paul D Kile)
Date: 18 Jul 96 09:58:08 PDT
Dave, you expressed concern over the stainless brake hoses.  I have
been running them on an MGA for five years, and I know of a set on a
B-GT that have been in place for about 9 years.  Neither are showing
signs of fraying or damage to the braiding.

I would rather accept the slight risk of a damaged braid rather than
the deterioration and cracking of rubber type brake lines that occurs
every 5 years or so.  The rubber type lines also tend to deteriorate
from the inside and close up, this won't happen with the teflon type
line. Stainless braided lines are used extensively in aircraft
applications, I figure that's good enough for me.

I don't know about the legality in the UK, but here in California
they don't have brake inspections (you can run a car here with no
brakes and half the lights inoperative, but watch out if your
tailpipe emissions are a smidgen too high!).

Cheers, Paul Kile

Paul D. Kile

kile_paul@aphub.aerojetpd.com

(916) 355-5162