Re: Stainless brake hoses

To: MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Re: Stainless brake hoses
From: brooked@bre.co.uk
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 09:30:26 EDT
Hi All,

I hope you've all seen what Paul D Kile wrote and the reply from Ulix
Goettsch.

I was wondering if any people would take exception to my comments.

I race my BGT V8 about 12 times a year, but still use ordinary rubber
hoses on the brake lines. As you rightly point out these do age and
should be regularly replaced, the interval was at one time
recommended at ever three years. I change mine every year, along with
the seals.

I have no experience of the aircraft industry so this may be wrong
but I thought that they gave everything a life in hours and replaced
items at the end of their lives. Comments from those in the know
please.

Moss may be following the law in the states, they may just be
concerned about liability.
As I said last time:-

>The stainless braided pipes are sold for competition use in the UK,
>believe their use on a road car is illegal because of the unseen
>internal damage problem. The fact that an item has an illegal use
>does not make its sale or possession illegal ( guns !!! ).

I shall now await the responce.

Regards,

Dave Brooke.