Re: How long can it take?

To: marc@crl.com
Subject: Re: How long can it take?
From: Ragthyme@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 20:06:06 -0400
Marc:

No specific answer for you, but you have my sympathies. My 75B has been in
limbo for 12 months now, due to the laziness and/or incompetence of one
numbnuts body guy or another. I've rebuilt a fair portion of the
undercarraige, but to have pieces sandblasted, undercoated, painted, or
replaced has taken FOREVER. It's still not over; I've been waiting for a
'slot' on a frame pulling machine since before Indy. Theoretically, it'll
happen tomorrow, but the current numbnuts is 'disgruntled' because the car
won't steer (the rack is disconnected) so, he may take an extra day or two
because he's miffed. The beastly part of this is, I know how to do most of
the things I needed to ... but the parts I couldn't/wouldn't do or didn't
have the tools for have taken forever. I told the fella at the paint shop
that, in the 6 months it took him to paint the frame members of my car, I
could personally have built seven MGB's. And I'm not sure I was that far off
the mark, either.

Good luck. I just hope we're not in the throes of an infinitely diminishing
series.

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'
...still in pieces