Re: The MGA that saved the day!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The MGA that saved the day!
From: Michael.Lytton@sierra.com
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 15:02:32 PST
     I've had a similar experience.

     I emerged from my house in the wee hours of the morning, ready to
     drive about 60 miles to the nearest airport, fly 2 hours, and
     interview for a job.  I was a few minutes behind already due to the
     vagaries of buttoning up an interview suit.

     I jumped in my Honda CRX, turned the key, and there was dead silence.
     First time in 6 years of owning this car.  I still remember how my
     wife looked, hand frozen in mid-wave, all the color draining out of
     her face.

     "No problem!" I shouted and jumped in the 70 MGB, then only about 6
     months old (to us).  It fired right up and drove like a champ the
     whole way.

     That was definitely the turning point for my wife; she had been
     stand-offish about the MGB, but now was much more relaxed.

     Michael Lytton
     1970 MGB
     michael.lytton@sierra.com