Re: Any MGA wiring Gurus out there?

To: JMurfslaw@aol.com
Subject: Re: Any MGA wiring Gurus out there?
From: TRIFARI@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 15:40:56 -0400

<< Subj:        Any MGA wiring Gurus out there?

 Now I'm a little unsure of the connections.
 I'll describe the Dash harness and where I think (not sure) the wires
attach:

John--Hope this helps:

 Green            bare                         F terminal on Turn Signal
 Indicator         GRN IS POWER TO THE TURN SIGNAL SWITCH.  BE SURE IT'S
ATTACHED TO THE CENTER POLE.
 Red/White      bulb                        Turn Signal light  NO  ALL RED/W
WHITE LINES ARE FOR THE PANEL INSTRS,  GAS GAUGE, FUEL ETC.  turn signal
ligth has a light green wire running to it.

 Black             eyelit                       Ground on Tack  OK
 Red/White       bulb                        Tack light  OK

 Red                eyelit                       Rheostat  OK
 Red/White       3 to single eyelit       Rheostat  OK

 Red/white        bulb                         Speedometer  OK
 Black               2 to single eyelit       Ground on Speedometer OK

 Red                  2 bare wires(thick)    ??? Headlamp Switch ???  OK
 Red                  2 bare wires(thinner) ??? Fog Lamp Switch ???   NO.
 CHK WIRING DIAGRAM.  FOUR RED WIRES CONNECT TO THE LIGHT SW.  ONE TO MAP
LITE; ONE TO RHEO; ONE TO FOG LAMP SWITCH THE FOURTH TO THE RUNNING LIGHTS
(YOU SHOULD ADD AN IN-LINE FUSE TO THIS CIRCUIT)
 Brown/Blue        bare                         Headlight switch  NO
 BROWN/BLUE WIRE RUNS BETWEEN VOLTAGE REGULATOR TERMINAL A1 ADN THE IGNITION
SWITCH

 Black                2 to single eyelit        Fuel Gauge    OK

 Brown/Black       bare                         Horn Button   OK

 Green                 2 to single eyelit       Water temp gauge  NO  THERE
ARE NO ELECTRICAL ONNECTIONS TO TEH SAFETY GAUGE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE
INSTRUMENT LIGHT

 Brown/Black        bare                         ??? Cigarette Lighter ???
 DK  DO MGAS HAVE CIGAR LTRS?

 Black                   3 to single eyelit       Water temp gauge  OK

 Brown/Blue           bare                          Ignition switch  YES SEE
ABOVE

 Black                    bare                         ??? Horn button ???
 YES
 Green                   bullit connector          ??? Heater ???  YES.  YOU
NEED A SNAP CONNECTOR TO JOIN THIS LINE TO THE HTR

 Red/White            bulb                          Light above Water temp
 YES
 Gauge

 Red                      bulb                          Dome Light    ?????

John Trifari  1980 MGB/1955 Healey BN1.  I owned five MGAs in Boston.  Watch
the salt in the wInter and check the brackets holding up the floor panels.
 Youi may be in for a surprise.