Extra switch on tranny

To: MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: Extra switch on tranny
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 08:07:30 -0400
Looking for some net wisdom,

I just helped another guy with an electical problem. It reminded me about
something that has puzzled me for the past ten years (if it kept the car from
running, I would have traced it out long ago).

I have a 1973 MGB. It has the standard four speed transmission, no overdrive,
and two electrical switches. One is obviously for the back-up lights and it
works. The other was not connected when I got the car. There are leads on the
wiring harness and I hooked them up long ago. I just can't figuire out what
it does. Everything seems to work either way. I can't find it on my wiring
diagram for '72 - '73 either (or other years).

What's it for?! Has somebody got a more accurate drawing or just know?

R. Johnson - Dallas